Services & Fees
Dr. Rose is a licensed US Civil Surgeon who has been authorized by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to conduct Immigration Physicals and Immigration Exams for the Department of Homeland Security. Dr. Rose’s late father and grandfather were also licensed U.S. Civil Surgeons, and together they have served our immigrant community for over a combined 40 years.
The cost of the basic Immigration Physical Examination starts at:
- Under 2 years old – $180.00
- 2-14 years old – $190
- 15 – adult – $210
The basic Immigration Physical Examination includes:
- Required blood work
- Tuberculosis skin testing
- Vaccination status verification
- Copies of your laboratory results
- Certified and Sealed I-693 Form
Additional services that may be required (such as required vaccinations and follow-up chest x-ray for TB testing) are not included in the price of the exam, but are offered or can be arranged in our office for an additional fee. Most examinations can be completed in two visits. However, in some cases, an additional follow-up visit is necessary.
What to bring with you to the immigration exam or immigration physical
- A completed patient information sheet. Click here to obtain a patient information sheet.
- Valid, government issued picture ID such as a driver’s license or passport (preferred).
- Proof of prior vaccinations.
The full immigration exam is very simple and requires only 4 basic steps :
- Basic immigration physical exam and mental status evaluation
- Blood Test: Applicants age 15 and older are required to have a blood test for Syphilis
- Tuberculosis skin test: Applicants age 2 and older are required to have a tuberculin skin test (TST) performed. This test requires a return visit to the office within 48 – 72 hours after administration. If the test reading is greater than 5 mm of induration, a chest X-ray will be required. The cost of the X-ray is not included in the price of the immigration exam but can be scheduled through our office for an additional fee. If applicants have had a prior positive skin test, a blood test or chest X-ray at an additional charge will be done.
- Proof of vaccinations or blood Titer to prove immunity. Most adults require proof of vaccination for Tetanus-Diphtheria Td (within the last 5 years), Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella (Chicken Pox). Blood Titer is a test that proves that a person has immunity or antibodies for a particular disease. We will review your vaccination history with you to determine whether you have all the required vaccinations. The cost of additional vaccinations is not included in the price of the basic exam but they are offered through our office for an additional fee. Please bring all vaccination records to your scheduled appointment for the immigration physical.
After The Exam
After the immigration physical examination is completed, Dr. Rose will certify Form I-693 with the test results of the immigration exam and vaccination history in a sealed envelope to present to USCIS. DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE. Turn in the envelope with your immigration application. If requested, a copy of your blood tests results will be provided for you to keep after results have been discussed with the examining doctor. The examination will only be valid up to a year after the immigration exam date.
Call 504-885-8363 to make an appointment.
Click here to visit the Official US Citizen & Immigration Services website for more information.